ACE individual course/conference approval
Individual course/conference approval evaluates individual courses and conferences and approves them for licensees to earn continuing education credit.
Requirements for individual course/conference approval:
- A licensed social worker must serve as the provider’s social work consultant for the entire program or as a planner for each course being submitted for approval.
- Courses may only be offered in the format approved.
- No changes may be made to a course after approval unless the change is approved by ACE.
- CE providers must pay a one-time $25 prequalification fee.
- CE providers pay an application fee of between $80 and $125 per course, depending on how many courses are submitted for review in one application packet.
- Courses/conferences are approved for two years; approval is renewable in two-year increments.
- Providers must seek approval before making any changes to an approved course or conference.
- Individual course/conference approval is required to offer ACE credit to social workers licensed in New Jersey.
- ACE provider approval
ACE provider approval is optimal for CE providers that offer a large number of courses or programs.
Regardless of whether a CE provider pursues individual course approval or provider approval, programs must adhere to the ACE standards outlined in the ACE Handbook.
ACE collaborates with Joint Accreditation for Interprofessional Continuing Education for CE in multiple professions.