Applying for ACE individual course/conference approval
Continuing education providers applying for approval for a single course or conference must complete an application providing details about the CE program.
If your organization is not an ACE provider or has never had a course approved through ACE individual course/conference approval or the New Jersey CE Course Approval Program, you must complete a prequalification application.
We recommend that all new providers submit the prequalification application and Section III: Individual course application payment form with fee (US$25) before submitting your individual course or conference application. It is possible, however, to submit the application and fee with your first individual course or conference application.
Review/approval of a prequalification application may take up to 10 business days from the date we receive a complete prequalification application. After the review is complete, your primary contact will receive an email with any questions or with your prequalification decision. Approval of your organization at the prequalification level is required before individual course or conference applications will be reviewed.
Submit these applications for course or conference approval. The last page of each application includes a checklist of required supporting documents.
- ACE Section I – Individual Course Application Cover Page and use the attachment, if needed, to list additional courses.
- ACE Section II – Individual Course Application for each course or conference session submitted for approval.
- ACE Section III – Individual Course Application Payment Form
How to complete and submit the applications
- Individual course applications must be submitted 90 days before the course date.
- Submit required documents (e.g., resume, bibliography, etc.) as individual attachments. Do not combine documents or application forms into one file.
- Respond to every question. If a question does not apply, enter “n/a” and explain.
- ACE accepts only electronic application submissions. Documents that are completed by hand will not be accepted, even if these are scanned and submitted electronically. Mailed or faxed applications will not be accepted.
- Send completed applications and supporting documents, including the payment form with no credit card information filled out, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payments must be mailed or made by phone. Payments are nonrefundable. Applicants are responsible for sending the correct fee as overpayments will not be returned. Applicants from outside the United States must pay by money order or credit card.
- Providers of ACE approved individual courses or conferences may renew a course every two years. An email will be sent to the primary contact 120 days before the expiration date.
- CE providers must submit a renewal application and all required materials and fees at least 90 days before the expiration date or risk a lapse in approval.
- A new course/conference application is required when courses or conferences are more than 90 days past the expiration of their course or conference session approval period.
- Course material must meet current ACE standards when submitted for renewal. Courses or course materials may no longer meet current standards if standards have been updated since initial approval or last renewal. Providers are responsible for updating courses and materials to meet the current standards.
Payments must be mailed or made by phone. Payments are nonrefundable. Applicants are responsible for sending the correct fee as overpayments will not be returned. Applicants from outside the United States must pay by money order or credit card.
Association of Social Work Boards
ACE individual course/conference approval
17126 Mountain Run Vista Ct.
Culpeper, VA 22701
Phone: For the security of your payment information, please email us at email@example.com to request a phone call from our staff. When we receive your email, we will call you and take your credit card information by telephone.
The email should include:
- All application materials
- The payment form with no credit card filled out
- ACE Section III – Individual Course Application Payment Form (Individual course approval) without the credit card information filled out
- Your telephone number