Applying for ACE individual course/conference approval
Continuing education providers applying for approval for a single course or conference must complete an application providing details about the CE program.
If your organization is not an ACE provider or has never had a course approved through ACE individual course/conference approval or the New Jersey CE Course Approval Program, you must complete a prequalification request.
ACE prequalification request
CE providers interested in applying to ACE to submit applications for individual course or conference approval must complete a request for prequalification and pay a fee. ACE will then make an eligibility determination, required before a CE provider may apply for individual course or conference approval.
Prequalification requests must include the following with the submission:
- Completed prequalification request form
- Continuing education director’s resume and license information (if licensed)
- Social work consultant resume and required license information (if applicable)
- ACE Section III – Individual Course Application Payment Form with US$25.00 prequalification fee
Review/approval of a prequalification request may take up to 10 business days from the date we receive a complete prequalification request. After the review is complete, your primary contact will receive an email with any questions or with your prequalification determination. A determination that your organization meets basic eligibility standards at the prequalification level is required before individual course or conference applications can be submitted and reviewed.
Submit these applications for course or conference approval at least 90 days before the course or conference date. The last page of each application includes a checklist of required supporting documents.
- ACE Section I – Individual Course Application Cover Page and use the attachment, if needed, to list additional courses.
- ACE Section II – Individual Course Application for each course or conference session submitted for approval.
- ACE Section III – Individual Course Application Payment Form
How to complete and submit the applications
- Individual course applications and payment must be submitted at least 90 days before the course date.
- Submit required documents (e.g., resume, bibliography, etc.) as individual attachments. Do not combine documents or application forms into one file.
- Respond to every question. If a question does not apply, enter “n/a” and explain.
- ACE accepts only electronic application submissions. Documents that are completed by hand will not be accepted, even if these are scanned and submitted electronically. Mailed or faxed applications will not be accepted.
- Send completed applications and supporting documents, including the payment form, by email to email@example.com.
- Providers of ACE approved individual courses or conferences may renew a course every two years. An email will be sent to the primary contact 120 days before the expiration date.
- CE providers must submit a renewal application and all required materials and fees at least 90 days before the expiration date or risk a lapse in approval.
- A new course/conference application is required when courses or conferences are more than 90 days past the expiration of their course or conference session approval period.
- Course material must meet current ACE standards when submitted for renewal. Courses or course materials may no longer meet current standards if standards have been updated since initial approval or last renewal. Providers are responsible for updating courses and materials to meet the current standards.
Applications are not considered complete, are not date stamped with a received on date, and do not enter the queue for review by ACE until payment is received.
Payments are nonrefundable. Applicants are responsible for paying the correct fee as overpayments will not be returned. Applicants from outside the United States must pay by money order or credit card.
Mail checks or money orders to:
Association of Social Work Boards
ACE individual course/conference approval
17126 Mountain Run Vista Ct.
Culpeper, VA 22701
Online: ACE accepts Visa, MC and Discover. After submitting your application, the sender will receive an email invoice from Association of Social Work Boards (firstname.lastname@example.org) and will be required to remit a secure, online payment.