On exam day
Taking time to prepare for your testing experience will reduce stress and help prevent delays, unexcused absences, and other problems.
- Read the ASWB Exam Guidebook and the Candidate Rules Agreement thoroughly before your exam date. They contain detailed information about testing procedures and requirements.
- Keep track of your Authorization to Test email from ASWB and your confirmation email from Pearson VUE.
- Check your email as your testing appointment approaches. Any notifications from ASWB or Pearson VUE will be sent by email.
- Bring two IDs to the test center. See the Exam Guidebook for details on what IDs are required.
- Arrive at least 30 minutes before your appointment. Late arrivals are treated as no-shows and the exam fee is forfeited.
- Be ready to have your photo taken and the palm of your hand scanned by test center staff for identification purposes.
- Sign the Candidate Rules Agreement before testing.
- Retain your unofficial test results after you complete the exam; you cannot get another copy.
Exceptions and requirements
The Pearson VUE website has the most current information on requirements related to COVID-19.
Reporting a problem at the test site
Candidates must allow test center staff at least 30 minutes to correct any test delivery, administration, or environmental difficulties. Beyond 30 minutes, you have the choice to stay until the problem is corrected or to have your appointment rescheduled.
Difficulties must be reported immediately to Pearson VUE staff at the test center and to ASWB within two business days of the incident. If you do not notify the test center staff of a problem at the time it occurs, ASWB will not be able to verify the problem and recourse will be limited.
Tips for your comfort during the exam:
- Familiarize yourself with the location of your test center before your exam day.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Resist the urge to cram for the exam the night before.
- Wear comfortable clothes and dress in layers.
- Consider leaving most personal items at home. You may be asked to remove large jewelry, watches, etc.
- Request earplugs from test center staff, if needed, to minimize distractions.