Pearson VUE administers the social work licensing exams at test centers worldwide. Standard appointments are 4 hours and 30 minutes: 30 minutes to check in and get seated and 4 hours to complete the exam.
You may schedule your testing appointment online or by phone. You must have your Authorization to Test email to complete the scheduling process. Visit the ASWB portal at Pearson VUE.
When you make an appointment, be prepared to supply:
- Your FIRST and LAST name as it appears on the ASWB Authorization to Test email you received
- Your Candidate ID Number from the Authorization to Test email
- Your address at the time of registration
- Your date of birth
- The exam listed on the Authorization to Test—ASWB Associate, Bachelors, Masters, Advanced Generalist, or Clinical exam
Nonstandard testing arrangements
Candidates with nonstandard testing arrangements must schedule by phone.
Call 800.466.0450 during call center hours of 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday. Inform the representative that you are calling to schedule an ASWB social work exam.
Save the date
If you schedule your appointment by phone, make a note of the date, time, and test center location, along with the name of the representative helping you.
If you schedule your appointment online, be sure to save or print your receipt before signing out of the Pearson VUE website.
No matter how you schedule your appointment, Pearson VUE will email your confirmation within 24 hours.
If you don’t receive this email, contact Pearson VUE to request that it be sent again.
Canceling or rescheduling
All appointments must be canceled or rescheduled at least 24 hours in advance. If you have nonstandard testing arrangements, please see your Authorization to Test email.
- If your appointment is scheduled at a test center in the United States, Canada, or the U.S. territories, you may cancel or reschedule your appointment by contacting Pearson VUE at least 24 hours before the appointment at the ASWB portal at Pearson VUE or by phone at 877.884.9537.
- If your appointment is scheduled outside the United States, Canada, or the U.S. territories, you may cancel 24 hours before the appointment time at the ASWB portal at Pearson VUE or by contacting the chat desk for assistance.
If you cancel or reschedule your testing appointment online, complete all steps to receive a summary of your transaction. You will receive an email confirmation of the appointment cancellation/rescheduling from Pearson VUE within 24 hours. If you do not receive this confirmation email, it is your responsibility to contact Pearson VUE immediately and request that it be sent again. It is also your responsibility to keep the confirmation email you receive from Pearson VUE or to keep a record of the date, time, and the name of the representative you spoke to if you canceled or rescheduled your testing appointment by phone.
You may reschedule your examination date without additional charge if you follow these guidelines.
Authorization to Test expiration date extension
If circumstances prevent you from testing before your Authorization to Test expires, you may be eligible for an extension of up to three months.
If you missed your examination appointment or did not cancel your appointment within the guidelines, ASWB may excuse the absence. To be considered for an excused absence, you will need to complete the Excused Absence Form within 30 days of your missed appointment.