ASWB prioritizes and shares high-quality research about best practices in social work regulation. ASWB has funded and commissioned peer-reviewed research.
- Ethical boundary violations/licensee misconduct
- Clinical supervisor qualifications and continuing competence for supervisors
- Electronic practice and where practice occurs
- Supervised practice and supervision for clinical licensure
- Unlicensed practice and/or exemptions to licensure
- Scope of practice consistency
- Evaluating and ensuring continuing competence for licensees
From association news
ASWB subscribes to U.S. state-based research services to monitor and track proposed regulatory and legislative changes that can affect social work professional regulation. The information is provided as a service to ASWB members and stakeholders. ASWB has selected topics for tracking from state and federal regulatory and legislative proposals received in the current sessions.
Laws and regulations database
ASWB maintains information about social work regulations and licensure/registration requirements as a service to ASWB members and the public.
Spotlight on Regulation
Spotlight on Regulation provides snapshots of jurisdiction requirements that quickly convey key information to users.
Request licensing data
How many licensed social workers are in the United States and Canada? How often do jurisdictions require social workers to renew their licenses? What’s the average number of supervision hours required for a clinical license?
We can help you find out. Use this form to request information on a particular topic.