Test administration changes coming January 2, 2024
ASWB is excited to be partnering with PSI for test administration beginning January 2, 2024.
ASWB is committed to providing consistent, high-quality exam administration for social workers who are becoming licensed, and our new partnership with PSI will allow us to enhance your experience.
Dictionary use policy revised, effective January 2, 2024:
Test-takers with approved English as a second language arrangements will be permitted to use a personally supplied English dictionary and/or a bilingual word-to-word dictionary during the exam. It will be each candidate’s responsibility to provide or purchase the dictionary(ies) they require as part of their testing arrangements. To meet the needs of all jurisdictions for examinations that comply with individual state requirements, ASWB has revised its previously announced 2024 policy on the use of dictionaries; the policy announced on October 18 is no longer in effect.
Affected candidates are receiving an email from ASWB about how the revised policy may affect them.
Visit Nonstandard Testing Arrangements to request ESL arrangements.
Information for test-takers about the transition:
- Registrations for testing at PSI test centers are now being accepted. Candidates who register November 1 or later will test at a PSI test center beginning January 2, 2024. Test-takers are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the PSI testing platform.
- No testing appointments will be available between December 17 and December 31.
- If you have not tested with Pearson VUE by December 16, you will receive a welcome email from PSI with instructions for scheduling your exam. You will also receive an updated Authorization to Test email from ASWB.
- The exam questions and scoring will remain the same. If you are testing at a Pearson VUE test center by December 16, download the Exam Guidebook for 2023 for details. If you are testing at a PSI test center after January 1, download the Exam Guidebook for 2024.
- If you are unable to test before your registration expiration date and your board approval allows it, you may request an extension.
- We are excited that this partnership will allow us to offer online testing later in 2024. We will notify all registered test-takers about online testing availability and technical requirements when this option becomes available.
If you have questions about how this transition may affect your testing experience, contact the ASWB Candidate Services Center. Email your questions about approved nonstandard testing arrangements to email@example.com.