Examination preapproval for the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing
Apply for preapproval through ASWB to get a social work license in Utah that requires taking one of the social work licensing examinations.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Master of Social Work or Doctor of Social Work with clinical focus
- Passing of the Clinical Exam
- 3,000 hours of supervised experience post-degree, with 100 hours of direct supervisor contact, acquired in no fewer than 18 months.
Certified Social Worker/Certified Social Worker Intern
- CSW applicants must submit an official transcript with the MSW degree conferral date.
- CSWI applicants must submit either an official transcript with the MSW degree conferral date or a dean’s letter confirming the MSW program requirements have been met.
- Passing of the Masters exam
Social Service Worker
- Bachelor of Social Work, Master of Social Work, or Ph.D. in Social Work
- Passing of the Bachelors exam
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science with courses in each of the following:
- social welfare policy
- human growth and development
- social work practice methods
- A passing score on the Bachelors exam
- 2,000 hours of supervised experience post-degree, acquired within 2 years