Examination preapproval for the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing
Apply for preapproval through ASWB to get a social work license in Utah that requires taking one of the social work licensing examinations.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Master of Social Work or Doctor of Social Work with clinical focus
- Passing of the Clinical Exam
- 3,000 hours of supervised experience post-degree, with 75 hours of direct supervisor contact.
Certified Social Worker
CSW applicants must submit an official transcript with the MSW degree conferral date.
Social Service Worker
Bachelor of Social Work, Master of Social Work, or Ph.D. in Social Work
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science with courses in each of the following:
- social welfare policy
- human growth and development
- social work practice methods
- 2,000 hours of supervised experience post-degree, acquired within 2 years