Relicensure with a lapse of more than 2 years
Instructions for applicants previously licensed as Social Workers in Massachusetts with a license lapsed for more than two years.
- An appropriate qualifying ASWB examination is required.
- Applicants who possess a current or expired license in another jurisdiction must submit a certified licensure verification form in the original, sealed envelope from the issuing jurisdiction.
- A criminal history acknowledgment form (PDF) must be notarized, signed with corresponding dates, and emailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants will be notified via email when the application has been approved or needs further attention.
- If approved, applicants will receive information regarding registering for the ASWB examination.
- Applicants may not register for the examination until the application has been approved.
- LICSW applicants must review the MassHealth enrollment requirement. Learn more.
US$153 application fee
Any required examination registration fee will be due at registration.
Massachusetts licensure fee will be due after requirements have been met