Relicensure with a lapse of less than 2 years
Instructions for applicants previously licensed as Social Workers in Massachusetts with a license lapsed more than one year, but less than two years.
- Licenses lapsed less than 1 year; contact the Massachusetts Board of Registration of Social Workers. Do not use this application.
- An explanation is required on the online application explaining the circumstances under which the prior license lapsed.
- Compliance with the continuing education requirements must be documented. The Continuing Education form and CE documentation must be emailed with other qualifying documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants who possess a current or expired license in another jurisdiction must submit a certified licensure verification form the original, sealed envelope from the issuing jurisdiction.
- A criminal history acknowledgment form (PDF) must be notarized, signed with corresponding dates, and emailed as an attachment to email@example.com.
- Applicants will be notified via email when the application has been approved or needs further attention.
- LICSW applicants must review the MassHealth enrollment requirement. Learn more.
US$153 application fee
Examination registration fee will be due at registration.
Massachusetts licensure fee will be due after requirements have been met