About the Registry
The Social Work Registry provides a repository for social workers’ credential information while serving as a verification source for social work licensing boards.
The Registry lets you establish a permanent file containing primary source records important to your social work career. At your request, this information can be transmitted to any regulatory board to which you may apply for licensure.
How it works
Your record will contain copies of your detailed application materials, as well as original copies of your education transcripts, your social work examination scores, and verification of any clinical supervision you have received. In addition, when a summary of your record is prepared for a licensing board, ASWB will check your identifying information against ASWB’s Public Protection Database (PPD) and provide that information to the board as well.
The Registry will verify the following categories of information:
- Social work examination results
- Licensing history
- Clinical supervision (if applicable)
- Disciplinary actions reported to ASWB’s Public Protection Database
In addition, the Registry will store the following unverified information provided by you:
- Continuing education courses completed
- Employment history
- Other professional credentials (ACSW, BCD, QCSW, etc.)
Verification* fees are due before we process your Registry application. The annual maintenance/renewal fee will be due one year after your application is verified. All verification fees include one single verification report during the first year and the annual maintenance/renewal fee includes one single verification report per year.
|Annual maintenance/renewal fee||US$25.00|
|Multiple verifications||Fees to be assessed|
* A verification includes supporting documents for licensure, i.e. transcript, score report, license verification. Multiple verifications are reports submitted to more than one jurisdiction or multiple license verifications submitted to one jurisdiction.
Select an option from the menu on the left or call 866.825.9580 for more information. You can also download our application.