Lactating individuals may be approved for nonstandard testing arrangements so they can pump, express milk, or breastfeed in person during their exam appointment.
If you will need lactation arrangements during your testing appointment, contact ASWB before registering for the exam.
Lactating individuals who need to pump, express milk, or breastfeed in person may be approved for these nonstandard testing arrangements:
- Use of the locker during a break to access a pump
- Sixty minutes of extra time for pumping or expressing
- Use of a designated space for pumping or expressing
- Permission to keep water in a transparent, spill proof, sports-type bottle with a spout at the testing desk
- Permission to leave the test center only for those approved to breastfeed in person
For individuals who are approved to pump, Pearson VUE-owned and operated test centers in the United States and Canada have a private space. The private space varies at each test center, but all have a chair, table, and electrical outlet. It may be either a breakroom with a door or a break area with a privacy screen. The space is available to individuals approved for this nonstandard arrangement on a first-come, first-served basis and may be used only for pumping or expressing milk.
Candidates requesting lactation arrangements need to attest to their need on a form with a digital signature.