- Update applicants for licensure in Massachusetts must have previously applied and been approved to register for the ASWB examination.
- Two new current professional references are required (LSWA applicants must submit three new current professional references). Supervision references do not need to be updated. All references must be qualified to evaluate the applicant’s social work experience. Please provide a current email address for each reference so that a secure link can be sent to the references listed on your application.
- A criminal history acknowledgment form must be printed, signed, notarized and returned to ASWB.
- Applicants will be notified via email when the application has been approved or needs further attention.
- If approved, applicants will receive information regarding registering for the ASWB examination. Click to view ASWB’s Candidate Handbook.
- Applicants may not register for the examination until the application has been approved.
Homepage > Update Application Instructions
Now accepting online applications for social work licenses in Massachusetts!
ASWB is accepting online applications for Massachusetts social work licenses.