For applicants previously licensed as Social Workers in Massachusetts with a license lapsed more than one year, but less than two years.
- Licenses lapsed less than 1 year; contact the Massachusetts Board of Registration of Social Workers. Do not use this application.
- An explanation is required on the online application explaining the circumstances under which the prior license lapsed.
- Compliance with the continuing education requirements must be documented. The Continuing Education form and CE documentation must be mailed with other qualifying documentation. CE Documentation form
- Applicants who possess a current or expired license in another jurisdiction must submit a certified licensure verification form the original, sealed envelope from the issuing jurisdiction.
- A criminal history acknowledgment form must be printed, signed, notarized and returned to ASWB.
- Applicants will be notified via email when the application has been approved or needs further attention