ASWB is seeking qualified social workers to write questions for the licensing exams used in the United States and Canada.
Deadline extended through January 31, 2021.
Practicing social workers—item writers—write all the questions on the ASWB social work licensing exams. These writers are selected for their social work expertise and balanced to reflect diversity in practice area, geography, and demographics. Item writers work on a contract basis and are paid $1,500 for 30 questions approved for review by the ASWB Examination Committee. ASWB needs social workers from all categories of licensure with a variety of backgrounds in education and experience.
- Have a degree in social work
- Hold a valid social work license
- Be currently practicing social work (teaching social work courses is also considered practice)
- Attend a mandatory online training to be held August 20-22, 2021
- Work remotely with ASWB staff and consultants
- Be able to produce 30 multiple choice questions that meet ASWB standards within six to eight months of completing training
- Complete the screening application (PDF)
- Write a letter of interest (must be either a PDF or Microsoft Word document)
- Provide a resume (must be either a PDF or Microsoft Word document)
- Complete the item writer questionnaire. Upon completion, you will be prompted to upload the three documents above.
Applicants will be notified of their status in the spring of 2021.
Questions about the program? Email email@example.com.