NOTE: Please review the “requirements summary” via the link in the box to the right.
- An official, certified transcript for the highest relevant degree must be submitted in a sealed school envelope.
- Three professional references are required. At least one reference must be completed by an individual licensed at the LICSW or LCSW level (or equivalent social work license in another jurisdiction). All references must be qualified to evaluate the applicant’s social work experience. Please provide a current email address for each reference so that a secure link can be sent to the references listed on your application.
- If the applicant does not hold a bachelor’s degree in any field or an associate’s degree in a human services field, then a supervisory reference must be supplied to document a minimum of four years of social work experience.
- A criminal history acknowledgment form must be printed, signed, and returned to ASWB.
- A 2” x 2” photo must be uploaded via the online application, or mailed with other required documentation.
- Applicants will be notified via email when the application has been approved or needs further attention.
- If approved, applicants will receive information regarding registering for the ASWB examination. Click to view ASWB’s Candidate Handbook.
- Applicants may not register for the examination until the application has been approved.