- An official certified MSW or DSW transcript from a CSWE accredited school must be submitted in a sealed school envelope.
- Three references are required. At least one of the references must be completed by an individual licensed at the LICSW or LCSW level (or equivalent social work licenses in another jurisdiction). All references must be qualified to evaluate the applicant’s social work experience. Please provide a current email address for each reference so that a secure link can be sent to the references listed on your application.
- The most recent advanced field placement supervisor must document the placement supervision that was completed as part of the CSWE accredited MSW program curriculum.
- A criminal history acknowledgment form must be printed, signed, and returned to ASWB.
- A 2” x 2” photo must be uploaded via the online application, or mailed with other required documentation.
- Applicants will be notified via email when the application has been approved or needs further attention.
- If approved, applicants will receive information regarding registering for the ASWB examination. Click to view ASWB’s Candidate Handbook.
- Applicants may not register for the examination until the application has been approved.
Homepage > New Application instructions: LCSW
Now accepting online applications for social work licenses in Massachusetts!
ASWB is accepting online applications for Massachusetts social work licenses.