- Administer a survey, provided by ASWB, to social work colleagues and compile the results. The survey will be sent with the acceptance notification.
- Survey social work students at your school. Core questions will be provided by ASWB with the opportunity to add your own questions.
- Review the websites of ASWB and your state licensing board.
- Attend a meeting of a licensing board in your jurisdiction or another jurisdiction, virtually or in person. Jurisdiction information can be found here.
- Attend one of two ASWB New Board Member Training sessions in the spring of 2019 if you have not already attended one. Choose either March 28-31 in Charleston, South Carolina, or May 30-June 2 in Alexandria, Virginia. (Participation is optional but strongly recommended.) ASWB will cover all travel and lodging costs. The training is offered without a registration fee.
- Study reading materials that you will receive with the acceptance notification. Scholars should expect 5-10 hours of reading including the CSWE Curricular Guide for Licensing and Regulation.
- Prepare and bring with you to the intensive an initial annotated literature review (list of scholarly articles, books, and other sources) relevant to the interest area for your research topic. Include a synopsis and brief critical evaluation of each work. The literature review does not need to be extensive.
Homepage > Intensive 2019 Tasks