ASWB has adjusted its operations because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The information provided here is intended to help you navigate the changing circumstances of this public health emergency. It will be updated as the situation changes.
Social work licensing exams
- Register to take the exam
- Send your score to another state or province
- Purchase an online practice test
- Purchase the ASWB Guide to the Social Work Exams
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to assist you, other candidates, and member boards while maintaining a safe working environment for our staff.
Can I still take the exam?
If you have already applied with your state or provincial social work board and they have notified ASWB of your approval, you may register online and schedule and take the exam. The process may, however, take longer than usual.
Are testing appointments available near me?
The only way for registered candidates to find out testing appointment availability at specific test centers is to go to the ASWB page on the Pearson VUE website and either create an account or log in to an existing account. Your Authorization to Test email has the information you need to create an account.
Testing appointment availability is limited because of the pandemic. If you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment, please cancel it so that another candidate may test.
Will I be able to keep an appointment I made before the pandemic?
If Pearson VUE has canceled your appointment, you should have received an email notification. If you are unsure, go to the ASWB page on the Pearson VUE website and log in to confirm your appointment.
Is there a deadline for taking the exam?
Your Authorization to Test email includes information about the expiration of your registration. ASWB is waiving registration change fees (US$30) to apply extensions to candidate registration expiration dates affected by developments related to COVID-19.
Contact Candidate Services to ask about extending your registration. It is possible we will need an extension of your approval from your board. If that is the case, we will respond with instructions for you to request one.
Can I change my appointment?
If you have an existing testing appointment with Pearson VUE, you may follow the instructions on the information sheet on making an appointment for the exam to change it online.
Candidates with nonstandard testing arrangements should refer to the Authorization to Test email from ASWB for appointment scheduling instructions.
What safety measures and other provisions are in place at test centers?
- Social distancing: Pearson VUE is following government guidance for distancing, which may result in limited availability of testing appointments.
- Face masks: Exam candidates must bring and wear their own face mask while at the test center and throughout the exam. Please refer to the Pearson VUE COVID-19 web page for details on acceptable face coverings.
- Bottled water: Candidates are currently permitted to access their locker for water only. This is an exception to the typical Candidate Rules Agreement. Candidates must bring their own bottled water and will be permitted to drink in the waiting area.
- Identification: ASWB has temporarily authorized Pearson VUE to allow candidates to test with expired IDs, as many agencies are not open for renewals.
May I take my exam online?
ASWB has carefully considered offering the licensing exams online and determined at this time that online examination administration is not in the best interests of public protection, candidates, or the regulatory boards we serve. Read our full response.
If you have updates to this information, please email Cara Sanner.
Information on state-level teletherapy provisions (Excel spreadsheet)
What can regulators do?
Social work regulatory boards are already taking action to facilitate social work services for people confronting the COVID-19 pandemic.