Examination Services Coordinator
The Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), a nonprofit organization based in Culpeper, Virginia, is seeking an experienced Examination Services Coordinator who works with candidates, member boards, and testing contractor to determine and process reasonable accommodations as required by the American with Disabilities Act and its amendments, English as a second language arrangements, excused absences and 90-day waivers. The Coordinator must use discretion to interpret and apply policies, regulations and applicable laws when deciding on reasonable accommodations. This position also has the overall responsibility for coordinating the processing, investigation, and resolution of testing incidents and consulting subject matter experts as needed. The Coordinator works closely with all levels of Exam Administration management, as needed, providing program-related support. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Examination Services. This is not a telecommuting opportunity. Learn more at www.aswb.org.
Summary of Job Responsibilities and Requirements
- Functions as the main point of contact for candidates, member boards, and testing contractor when requests are made for non-standard arrangements for taking the examinations.
- Processes, reviews and determines reasonable accommodation(s) in a timely, effective and professional manner.
- As needed, consults with legal counsel, the Chief Operating Officer, Director &/or Manager of Examination Administration, the testing contractor and member boards to ensure compliance in testing with all applicable laws as well as protection of the security and reliability of the examinations.
- Serves as an intermediary between the test contractor and candidates to resolve test incidents and irregularities.
- Receives all incoming mail for Candidate Services and sorts appropriately for processing.
- Assists the Director &/or Manager of Examination Administration with contracts associated with special testing arrangements.
- Other assigned duties or special projects, as needed.
Key Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent related work experience required.
- Proficiency with data entry, the Microsoft Office Suite, and an understanding of complex customized software programs (e.g., approval management.)
- Minimum two years customer service experience, preferably in an environment with a high volume of telephone calls required.
- Minimum two years of experience working with individuals with disabilities, special needs and English as a second language (ESL) required and/or equivalent experience considered; knowledge of disability rights laws preferred.
- Effective and proactive team communication, facilitation, problem solving, and decision making.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Work effectively using discretion and independent judgment, and without close supervision dealing with confidential and private matters.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain efficient work processes and organizational effectiveness.
- General knowledge of the social work profession and experience in a nonprofit association environment preferred.
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package including health, dental, life insurance, and retirement!
APPLY by sending your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled.
EOE M/F/D/V ASWB reserves the right to alter, change, modify, and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.