Manager of Candidate Services
The Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) is conducting a search for a newly created Manager of Candidate Services to manage the daily operations of examination administration and optimizing resources to provide excellent candidates services. ASWB is a growing international, nonprofit organization based in Culpeper, VA, dedicated to social work regulation. This full time, supervisory role manages a team of about 12 employees and reports to the Director of Examination Administration.
For over thirty years, the organization has moved its mission forward to strengthen protection of the public by providing support and services to the social work regulatory community to advance safe, competent and ethical practices. ASWB’s members include the social work regulatory bodies of all 50 states, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and all 10 Canadian provinces. In addition to other services, the organization develops and administers the social work licensing exams used by member boards.
We are 50+ full time employees strong with a budget of $15+M. ASWB offers a friendly, collaborative work environment, a new office building on 35 acres (est. 2019), and the opportunity to have a positive impact on our mission. Come grow with us!
Summary of Job Responsibilities and Requirements
- Directly supervises the Candidates Services staff, monitoring workflow and ensuring that data entry and customer service meet the standards through effective communications, coaching, training and development.
- Manages and evaluates overall operations of Candidate Services to ensure best practices are followed to promote a cohesive work environment.
- Monitors the work and manages the schedules of the Candidate Services Representatives in conjunction with the Supervisor of Candidate Services.
- Reviews resumes, screens job applicants and provides input to the Director of Exam Administration regarding hiring.
- Regularly monitors and evaluates performance through phone statistics, including call wait times, representative availability, and call length time. Critiques and maintains reports on critiqued calls to improve performance. Answers calls and enters registrations as needed during peak times.
- Works with candidates, member board staff, and the test contractor to resolve test incidents, problems with candidate approvals, and other administration related issues.
- Performs end of day duties including reconciliations and the transfer of data to the test contractor.
- Completes month-end revenue reports and reconciles monthly invoices from vendors for exam administrations and development and practice tests, and approves for payment.
- Reports Massachusetts DCF applications processed and examinations registered the first of each month for the prior month, reconciles the DCF prepaid funds and invoices for additional funds.
- In conjunction with the Director of Exam Administration, manages necessary communications with the test contractor and member boards staff to ensure that all protocols are followed and information as well as the needs of the Association are communicated.
- Compiles, edits, reviews, and writes documents, letters, and reports as requested by the Director of Exam Administration (e.g., statistical reports, incident letters, and internal process manuals.)
- Oversees product inventory and notifies Marketing & Communications Department of counts for reordering.
- Troubleshoots problems and assesses programming needs in conjunction with the Supervisor of Candidate Services. Tests programs for functionality and quality assurance and reports system issues and usability concerns to IT/Help Desk and Director of Exam Administration.
- Serves as back up to the Supervisor of Candidate Services and Director of Exam Administration, as needed.
- Promotes and adheres to organization’s mission, vision and values; policies and applicable laws in a fair and equitable manner.
- Other assigned duties or special projects, as needed.
Key Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Requires an Associate or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; background in excellent customer service that includes emphasis on call center management, preferably in an environment with a high volume of telephone calls required.
- Five or more years of experience managing a department or team and customer service through professional work or volunteer opportunities required.
- Proficiency with data entry, MS Office Suite, and an understanding of complex customized software programs (e.g., candidate management and product sales.)
- Demonstrated ability to maintain efficient work processes and organizational structure required.
- General knowledge of the social work profession and experience in a nonprofit association environment a plus.
- Effective and proactive team communication, facilitation, problem solving, and decision making.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Attention to detail with high level of accuracy.
- Successfully complete pre-employment background screening
- Typical work schedule is Monday through Friday between 8:30AM-5:45PM; This full-time role is not a telecommuting opportunity.
- Minimal travel.
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package including health, dental, life insurance, and retirement!
APPLY by sending your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled.