Automatic waiver allows certain CE providers to offer live distance learning
ASWB ACE’s standards require CE providers to apply for and receive approval for course delivery formats before offering courses in that format. To make it easier for providers who need to transition from live in-person courses to live online trainings because of the COVID-19 pandemic, ACE is granting an exception to the policy.
Any ACE provider that is approved to offer courses in the live in-person workshop format is automatically approved to offer the distance-learning format live interactive webinar. Likewise, any CE provider with approved individual courses in the live in-person workshop format may offer that course as a live interactive webinar.
The waiver is applied automatically to eligible providers. No waiver request form is required.
This automatic waiver applies to:
- ACE providers currently approved to offer in-person workshops
- CE providers with a currently approved individual in-person workshop
- The provider and/or the course must be in a current approval period.
- If an ACE provider approval expires during this period, a renewal application is required.
- If an individual course approval expires, the course must be resubmitted for approval.
- Certificates of credit must clearly show that these are live interactive webinar courses. See the ACE Handbook appendix for examples of how to correctly word the certificate.
- The waiver expiration date has been extended and now expires on December 31, 2020.
- ACE does not currently plan to extend the waiver past December 2020. CE providers currently taking advantage of the automatic format waiver must apply for and receive ACE approval for the live webinar format if they wish to continue offering that format after the waiver’s expiration.
Adding a format:
CE providers must submit applications and fees to add a format at least 90 days before the date of the first live webinar offered in 2021. Please email us to request an application to add a format.