Automatic waiver allows certain CE providers to offer live distance learning
ASWB ACE’s standards require CE providers to apply for and receive approval for course delivery formats before offering courses in that format. To make it easier for providers who need to transition from live in-person courses to live online trainings because of the COVID-19 pandemic, ACE is granting an exception to the policy.
Any ACE provider that is approved to offer courses in the live in-person workshop format is automatically approved to offer the distance-learning format live interactive webinar. Likewise, any CE provider with approved individual courses in the live in-person workshop format may offer that course as a live interactive webinar.
The waiver expires on September 1, 2020. This new policy, effective April 20, 2020, is applied automatically to eligible providers. No waiver request form is required.
This automatic waiver applies to:
- ACE providers currently approved to offer in-person workshops
- CE providers with a currently approved individual in-person workshop
- The provider and/or the course must be in a current approval period.
- If an ACE provider approval expires during this period, a renewal application is required.
- If an individual course approval expires, the course must be resubmitted for approval.
- Certificates of credit must clearly show that these are live interactive webinar courses. See the ACE Handbook appendix for examples of how to correctly word the certificate.
Contact email@example.com with questions about this automatic waiver.